In today’s digital age, it’s more important than ever to stay on top of your mail, whether it’s important documents, packages, or bills. One of the ways to do this is through the United States Postal Service’s (USPS) Informed Delivery service. In this comprehensive guide, I will walk you through the steps on how to sign up for Informed Delivery with USPS, its benefits, and how to manage your account.
To sign up for Informed Delivery with USPS, visit the Informed Delivery website and click “Sign Up for Free.” Verify your residential or P.O. Box address for eligibility. If eligible, create a USPS.com personal account with your contact information. Read and continue past the Privacy Act Statement, then verify your identity with a mobile phone verification process. If you already have a USPS.com account, simply sign in, select ‘Informed Delivery’ in your profile, accept the terms, and enroll in Informed Delivery.
What is Informed Delivery?
USPS Informed Delivery is a free service that allows users to digitally preview their incoming mail and manage their packages. Users can view these notifications in a morning Daily Digest email or anytime via the dashboard from their phone, computer, or the USPS Mobile® app.
Users receive grayscale images of the exterior, address side of their incoming mailpieces, allowing them to know what to expect in their mailbox. They can also track packages, schedule redeliveries, and more.
Benefits of Informed Delivery
Informed Delivery offers several benefits for users:
- Daily previews of incoming mail: Users can anticipate the arrival of their mail.
- Package tracking notifications: Users can monitor the status of their packages until they are delivered.
- Convenience: Users can manage their mail and packages digitally, making it easier to plan for mail collection or reschedule deliveries if needed.
- Increased engagement with mail: The service boosts engagement and offers an easy way to collect insightful data points.
Eligibility Criteria for Informed Delivery
To be eligible for Informed Delivery, you must have a residential address, business address, or PO Box in an eligible ZIP Code. Most ZIP Codes are eligible, but some apartment buildings or condos may not have uniquely coded addresses.
How to Sign Up for Informed Delivery with USPS?
Signing up for Informed Delivery is a straightforward process:
- Visit the Informed Delivery website at informeddelivery.usps.com and click “Sign Up for Free.”
- Enter your residential address or personal P.O. Box address to verify that it is eligible for Informed Delivery.
- If your address is eligible, create a USPS.com personal account by choosing a username and password, selecting security questions, and adding your contact information.
- Read the Privacy Act Statement and select “Continue.”
- Select “Continue” again to be directed to the page where you will verify your identity.
- Verify your identity by completing the mobile phone verification process. Provide your mobile phone number and enter the one-time numeric passcode sent to your phone.
If you already have a USPS.com personal account, sign in and select ‘Informed Delivery’ located in the upper-right hand corner of your screen. Within your Profile, on the “My Preferences” page, select the box labeled ‘Informed Delivery.’ Read the Terms and Conditions, check the box indicating you accept the terms, and select “Enroll in Informed Delivery.”
Managing Your Informed Delivery Account
Once you have signed up for Informed Delivery, you can manage your account by accessing your dashboard on the USPS website or the USPS Mobile app. From your dashboard, you can view package details, leave USPS Delivery Instructions®, schedule a Redelivery, and more.
To update your account information, hover over your name in the top right navigation bar and click “My Profile”. You can manage your Informed Delivery email notifications by selecting “Settings” from your dashboard and checking or unchecking the relevant boxes.
Troubleshooting Sign-Up Issues
If you encounter any issues during the sign-up process, consider these steps:
- Check your internet connection.
- Clear your browser cache and cookies.
- Disable browser extensions.
- Use a different browser.
- Check for known issues on USPS support page.
- Contact USPS customer support.
In conclusion, USPS’s Informed Delivery is a valuable tool for managing your mail and packages. By following the steps outlined in this guide, you can easily sign up for this service and take control of your deliveries.
Frequently Asked Questions
What type of mail can I preview with Informed Delivery?
With Informed Delivery, you can preview grayscale images of the exterior, address side of incoming letter-sized mailpieces. However, it does not provide images for larger items like magazines, catalogues, or packages.
How can I stop receiving Daily Digest emails from Informed Delivery?
You can manage your Informed Delivery email notifications by accessing your account settings. From your dashboard, select “Settings” and uncheck the box for Daily Digest emails.
Can I sign up for Informed Delivery if I don’t have a mobile phone?
Yes, you can sign up for Informed Delivery without a mobile phone. However, you will need to undergo an identity verification process which may require you to visit a USPS retail location in person.
Is there a cost associated with Informed Delivery?
No, Informed Delivery is a free service offered by USPS.
Can I manage multiple addresses with one Informed Delivery account?
No, Informed Delivery is designed to provide a digital preview of mailpieces arriving at a single residential address. If you want to manage mail for multiple addresses, you will need to create separate Informed Delivery accounts for each address.