The FedEx tracking number is a vital piece of information that allows you to monitor the progress of your shipment, from the moment it leaves the sender’s hands until it reaches your doorstep. In this article, we will delve into the details of what a FedEx tracking number is, where to find it, and how to use it to track your package.
The FedEx tracking number can be found on the shipping label or receipt provided by the shipper. It’s usually located in the upper right corner of the shipping label. If you’ve lost the shipping label or receipt, you can contact the shipper to obtain the tracking number. Alternatively, you can track your package using a reference number associated with the shipment or a purchase order number.
What Is a FedEx Tracking Number?
A FedEx tracking number is a unique alphanumeric code assigned to each package or shipment processed through the FedEx system. These numbers are typically 12-15 digits long, but variations such as 20 or 22 digits can also be encountered in certain cases. The first two digits of the tracking number indicate the service used to ship the package, such as FedEx Express, FedEx Ground, or FedEx SmartPost. The next four digits represent the FedEx facility where the package was shipped from, and the last five or six digits are the package’s unique identifier.
Examples of FedEx tracking numbers include: – FedEx Express: 1Z99999999999 – FedEx Ground: 2S11111111111 – FedEx SmartPost: 3D22222222222
Where Can Customers Find Their FedEx Tracking Number?
Customers can find their FedEx tracking number on the shipping label or receipt provided by the shipper. The tracking number is usually located in the upper right corner of the shipping label. If the customer has lost the shipping label or receipt, they can contact the shipper to obtain the tracking number. Alternatively, customers can track their package using a reference number associated with the shipment or a purchase order number.
How to Use the FedEx Tracking Number?
Customers can use the FedEx tracking number to track their shipment in several ways:
- Online tracking: Visit the FedEx website, click on the “Track” tab, enter your tracking number in the box provided, and click on “Track.”
- FedEx Mobile app: Download the FedEx Mobile app, enter your tracking number or scan the barcode on your shipping label.
- Text tracking: Text “follow” and your door tag number to 48773, and FedEx will send you updates on your package’s status.
- Phone tracking: Call 1.800.GoFedEx (1.800.463.3339), say “track my package,” and follow the prompts to get the status of your shipment.
Different Types of FedEx Services and Their Tracking Numbers
FedEx offers several different services, each with its unique tracking number format. While the most common tracking numbers are 12 or 15 digits long, other formats such as 20 or 22 digits can also be encountered, depending on the service used.
What to Do If You Lose Your FedEx Tracking Number?
If a customer loses their FedEx tracking number, they can still track their package using alternative methods. Here are some options:
- Reference number: Customers can track their package using a reference number associated with the shipment or a purchase order number.
- FedEx InSight: Customers who ship packages regularly can sign up for FedEx InSight, a program that allows tracking of packages without a tracking number.
- FedEx Delivery Manager: Similar to FedEx InSight, customers can sign up for FedEx Delivery Manager, answer a few identity verification questions, and access package information through an online portal.
- Contact FedEx customer service: Customers can call FedEx customer service at 1.800.GoFedEx (1.800.463.3339) and provide the sender’s or recipient’s name, address, and other contact information. FedEx will use this information to track the package without the tracking number.
- Check transaction details: If the customer paid with a card, the tracking number might be found in the description of the transaction in their online banking app.
In conclusion, the FedEx tracking number is an essential tool for keeping tabs on your shipments. Whether you’re a sender wishing to ensure your package arrives safely or a recipient eagerly waiting for a delivery, knowing where to find and how to use your FedEx tracking number can make the shipping process much smoother and less stressful.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if my FedEx tracking number is not working?
If your FedEx tracking number is not working, it could be due to several reasons. The tracking number may not be updated immediately after you’ve received it. It might take a few hours for the system to update. If the tracking number is still not working after 24 hours, contact FedEx customer service for assistance.
Can I track a FedEx package without a tracking number?
Yes, there are a few ways to track a FedEx package without a tracking number. You can track the package using a reference number associated with the shipment or a purchase order number. You can also use FedEx InSight or FedEx Delivery Manager if you are a regular shipper. If all else fails, contacting FedEx customer service with the sender’s or recipient’s information can also help track the package.
How long does FedEx keep tracking information?
FedEx maintains tracking information for a period of 90 days from the shipment date.
Can I change the delivery address using the tracking number?
Yes, you can change the delivery address of your package using the FedEx Delivery Manager. However, not all shipments are eligible for address changes.
Is FedEx tracking accurate?
FedEx tracking is generally very accurate. It provides real-time updates on the location and status of the shipment. However, unforeseen circumstances such as weather conditions or technical issues can sometimes cause minor delays in updates.