How To Get an Amazon W2 After Quitting

Amazon 7


Leaving a job brings a lot of changes, and one of these involves how you handle your taxes. If you’ve recently quit your job at Amazon, you might be wondering how to obtain your W2 form. This document, which outlines your earnings and withholdings for the year, is crucial for filing your taxes. This comprehensive guide will walk you through the process of getting an Amazon W2 after quitting.


To get your Amazon W2 after quitting, visit the Amazon A to Z website and click on the “Former employee login” link. Enter your last name and Social Security number, then follow the prompts to verify your identity and create a password. Once logged in, click on the “Resources” tab and select “My tax documents” to download your W2 form. If you encounter any issues, contact Amazon’s HR or Payroll department.

What is an Amazon W2?

An Amazon W2 refers to the Form W-2 issued by Amazon to its employees. This mandatory document, required by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), provides a comprehensive account of an employee’s earnings and taxes over a year. It is used by employees to file their federal and state tax returns.

Why Do You Need an Amazon W2 After Quitting?

Even after leaving the company, former employees are still required to report their income from Amazon for the relevant tax year. Amazon will send the W2 to the address provided by the employee, but if the employee has moved and not updated their address, they should contact the company to ensure they receive their W2.

How to Get Your Amazon W2 After Quitting

  1. Visit the Amazon A to Z website at atoz.amazon.work.
  2. Click on the “Former employee login” link at the bottom of the page.
  3. Enter your last name and Social Security number.
  4. Follow the on-screen prompts to verify your identity and create a password.
  5. Once you are logged in, click on the “Resources” tab at the top of the page.
  6. Select “My tax documents” and download your W2 form.

Troubleshooting Issues

If you encounter problems or delays in obtaining your Amazon W2, you can contact your former company’s HR or Payroll department for assistance. If you do not receive your W2 by February 15th, you can contact the IRS at 800-829-1040.

Tips for a Smooth, Hassle-Free Process

To ensure a smooth, hassle-free process, keep your contact information up-to-date with Amazon, be aware of deadlines, and don’t hesitate to reach out to Amazon’s Employee Resource Center (ERC) or the IRS for assistance.


Obtaining your Amazon W2 after quitting doesn’t have to be a daunting task. By following the steps outlined in this guide and staying proactive, you can ensure that you have all the necessary documents for your tax returns.

Remember, your W2 form is more than just a piece of paper – it’s a critical component of your financial future. So, make sure to handle it with care. Happy tax filing!

Frequently Asked Questions

What if I can’t remember my Social Security number while logging into the Amazon A to Z website?

If you can’t remember your Social Security number, you can find it on your Social Security card. If you’ve lost your card and don’t have your number memorized, you’ll need to apply for a replacement card through the Social Security Administration.

What should I do if I still can’t access my Amazon W2 after following the steps outlined in this guide?

If you still can’t access your W2, you should contact Amazon’s Employee Resource Center (ERC) directly for assistance. They can help you navigate any issues you might be having.

What if I moved and didn’t update my address with Amazon before quitting?

If you moved and didn’t update your address with Amazon before quitting, you should contact the company as soon as possible to update your contact information. This ensures that your W2 form is sent to the correct address.

Can Amazon send my W2 form electronically?

Yes, Amazon can send your W2 form electronically. You can download it from the “My tax documents” section on the Amazon A to Z website.

Who do I contact at the IRS if I don’t receive my W2 by February 15th?

If you don’t receive your W2 by February 15th, you can contact the IRS at 800-829-1040. Have your information ready, including your employer’s name, address, and phone number, as well as your employment dates and an estimate of your earnings.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *