If you’re working at Safeway and wondering about the store’s employee benefits, you may want to know about the paid holidays.
This way, you can plan your schedule and balance your personal and professional life smoothly without compromising pay.
- Safeway is a great workplace as it values its employees a lot.
- So, if you’re part of the team, you can enjoy several paid holidays, such as New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Independence Day, and Christmas Day.
- Apart from national holidays, employees serving the store for 2 to 5 years get 15 to 20 days of paid holidays per year.
- Moreover, employees working here for over 5 years get approximately 20 to 30 paid leaves yearly.
Today, we’ll explore what holidays Safeway pays for and how the store looks after its employees.
Paid Holiday Policy of Safeway
Safeway is a grocery store chain that operates in the US and Canada, and it is well-known for its commitment to providing high-quality products and excellent customer service.
The grocery chain believes that its employees are the foundation of its significant success, and the store strives to provide them with fair compensation, benefits, and opportunities for career growth.
The company also recognizes the importance of work-life balance and offers flexible scheduling options and paid time off for its employees.
Let’s look closer at Safeway’s paid holiday policies for its employees:
1. National Holidays
Safeway employees are eligible for paid time off on several national holidays, such as New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Independence Day, and Christmas Day.
This means you can enjoy these holidays with your loved ones and still receive compensation for your time off work.
If you’re a fresh employee and have just started working at Safeway, you won’t be eligible for more paid holidays apart from the national ones.
Safeway’s policy of offering additional paid holidays to employees who have been with the store for a certain period is meant to reward their loyalty and recognize their contributions to the company.
This is a common practice in many industries, incentivizing employees to let the employees stay with them for the long term.
If you choose to work on national holidays at Safeway, you receive twice the hourly pay.
2. Paid Holidays Based on Seniority
In addition to national holidays, Safeway offers additional paid holidays for employees who have been with the company longer.
For example, if you’re working with Safeway for 2 to 5 years, you may receive 15 to 20 days of paid holidays per year.
Additionally, if you’ve spent more than 5 years, the number of paid time off increases to approximately 20 to 30 days per year.
This provides additional time off work to recharge and spend time with your families.
Apart from paid holidays, Safeway employees receive several benefits, such as Prescription drug coverage, Vision care, Dental and orthodontia, Employee Assistance Program, Employee Association for leisure-time activities at a discount, 100% company-paid retirement plan.
Process of Requesting a Paid Holiday at Safeway
The process for requesting paid time off at Safeway may vary slightly depending on work your location. However, in general, the following steps apply:
- First, check your employee handbook or speak with your supervisor to determine how long you need to request time off. This may vary based on the length of time you need.
- Next, submit a time-off request form to your supervisor. The form should include the dates you are requesting off, the reason for your request (e.g., vacation, personal day, sick day), and any other relevant information.
- Wait for your supervisor to approve or deny your request. If your request is denied, your supervisor should provide a reason and may suggest alternative dates or times. However, if approved, you can continue the chores you were supposed to do.
In this article, we’ve explored what holidays Safeway pays for and the correct way to request paid time off to ensure you don’t face any repercussions from the management.
We hope this information helps you to understand Safeway’s holiday pay policies and plan your time off accordingly.
Frequently Asked Questions
If I Leave Safeway Before I Have Used All My Paid Holidays, Will I Be Compensated for Them?
If you leave Safeway before using all of your paid holiday time, you may not be compensated for the remaining days.
Can I Carry Over Unused Paid Holidays From One Year to the Next at Safeway?
Safeway does not allow employees to carry over unused paid holidays from one year to the next. In most cases, you must use all the paid holidays during the calendar year in which they are earned.
If you haven’t used all of your paid holidays by the end of the year, you may forfeit them.
Can Part-Time Safeway Employees Receive Paid Holidays?
Part-time employees at Safeway are typically eligible for paid holidays if they work a minimum number of hours per week or month. However, the specific eligibility requirements may vary by location.
How Is My Paid Holiday Pay Calculated if I Work a Flexible Schedule at Safeway?
If you have a flexible schedule at Safeway, your paid holiday pay is calculated based on your average weekly or monthly earnings.
How Much Does Safeway Pay per Hour?
The average hourly pay for a Safeway employee is $13 hourly. However, this can range from minimum wage to over $20 per hour, depending on the role and location.