The Walmart MoneyCard is a reloadable debit card that offers a host of benefits to its users. But what if you received a Walmart MoneyCard out of the blue? This comprehensive guide will help you understand why you might have received a Walmart MoneyCard and how you can use it to your advantage.
You may have received a Walmart MoneyCard due to various reasons such as early access to pay, cashback rewards, overdraft protection, waived monthly fees with qualifying direct deposit, and the ability to open family accounts. However, if you received it unexpectedly, it may be a mistake or a potential fraud attempt. In such cases, it is advisable to contact Walmart MoneyCard Customer Care, monitor your personal information, and report the issue to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
What is a Walmart MoneyCard?
A Walmart MoneyCard is essentially a prepaid debit card that can be used like a traditional debit card. It can be used everywhere Visa Debit and Debit MasterCard are accepted in the U.S. . This card is popular among frequent Walmart shoppers because it offers cashback rewards on Walmart purchases: 3% on Walmart.com, 2% at Walmart gas stations, and 1% in Walmart stores, up to $75 per year.
In addition to cashback rewards, the Walmart MoneyCard offers several other benefits. For example, it offers overdraft protection up to $200 with opt-in and eligible direct deposit. It also allows users to get their pay up to 2 days before payday and their benefits up to 4 days before benefits day with Early Direct Deposit.
The Walmart MoneyCard also comes with a monthly fee of $5.94, which can be waived if you have direct deposits totaling $500 or more in the previous month. The card also allows you to open an account for up to 4 additional approved family members ages 13+ in the app, making it a suitable financial tool for teens or other family members to manage their money.
Why Did I Receive a Walmart MoneyCard?
There could be several reasons why you received a Walmart MoneyCard:
- Early Access to Pay: With a Walmart MoneyCard account and early direct deposit, you can get access to your pay up to two days early and up to four days early for government benefits.
- Cashback Rewards: The Walmart MoneyCard offers cashback rewards on purchases made at Walmart.
- Overdraft Protection: The card offers overdraft protection up to $200 with opt-in and eligible direct deposit.
- No Monthly Fees with Qualifying Direct Deposit: The monthly fee is waived when you direct deposit $500 or more in the previous monthly period.
- Family Accounts: You can get an account for up to 4 additional approved family members ages 13+, which is perfect for teens or other family members to manage their money.
- No Bank Account or Credit Check Required: The Walmart MoneyCard is a debit card that does not require a bank account or credit check, making it suitable for those who are unable or unwilling to get traditional bank accounts.
How to Activate and Use a Walmart MoneyCard
Activating and using a Walmart MoneyCard is a straightforward process. Here’s what you need to do:
- Activate the Card: Visit WalmartMoneyCard.com/activate, select “Activate your card” in the Walmart MoneyCard app, or call (866) 946-2510.
- Enter the Required Information: Provide your personal information and card details, including your name, address, date of birth, card number, expiration date, and security code.
- Start Using the Card: Once your card is successfully activated, you can use it to make purchases, receive direct deposits, and pay bills.
What to Do If You Received a Walmart MoneyCard Unexpectedly
If you received a Walmart MoneyCard unexpectedly or by mistake, it’s important to act promptly to protect your personal information and financial security. Here’s what you should do:
- Contact Walmart MoneyCard Customer Care: Call (877) 937-4098 to report the issue. Let them know that you received the card by mistake and provide them with the card details.
- Monitor Your Personal Information: Keep an eye on your credit report and personal information. If you suspect any unauthorized transactions or fraudulent activities on the card, dispute the transactions by following the instructions provided on the Walmart MoneyCard website.
- Report the Issue to the FTC: If you have any concerns about the card or your personal information, report the issue to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) at www.ftc.gov.
In conclusion, receiving a Walmart MoneyCard can be a boon, especially if you are a frequent Walmart shopper. However, if you received the card unexpectedly, it’s important to take the necessary steps to protect your personal information and financial security.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use a Walmart MoneyCard at locations other than Walmart?
Yes, the Walmart MoneyCard can be used anywhere Visa Debit and Debit MasterCard are accepted in the U.S.
How can I earn cashback rewards with the Walmart MoneyCard?
You can earn cashback rewards of 3% on Walmart.com, 2% at Walmart gas stations, and 1% in Walmart stores, up to $75 per year.
How does the overdraft protection work on the Walmart MoneyCard?
The Walmart MoneyCard offers overdraft protection up to $200 with opt-in and eligible direct deposit. This means if you overdraw your account, Walmart will cover the amount up to $200.
Is there a minimum age requirement to get a Walmart MoneyCard?
Yes, the minimum age requirement to get a Walmart MoneyCard is 18 years old. However, you can open an account for up to 4 additional approved family members ages 13+ in the app.
What should I do if I lose my Walmart MoneyCard?
If you lose your Walmart MoneyCard, you should immediately contact Walmart MoneyCard Customer Care at (877) 937-4098 to report the loss and protect your account from unauthorized transactions.